Celebrating Christ’s Passion, Death, Burial & Resurrection
At JKPC we celebrate the Triduum – or “The Three Days” – beginning Maundy Thursday and ending on Easter Sunday. These three days recall the passion, death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. We hope that you will join us in worship for these special services.
· Maundy Thursday | April 18 | Soup Potluck at 6:00pm, Service at 7:00pm
· Good Friday | April 19 | Bilingual service with Iglesia Misión Hispana at 7:00pm
· Easter Sunday | April 21 | 8:00am, 9:30am, & 11:00 am and 2:00pm Spanish Service (Iglesia Misión Hispana)
Soup Potluck Sign-up
Join us this Maundy Thursday, before the service, for a congregational potluck. To sign up to bring a soup, see the post on Realm. We’ve included a couple categories for dietary needs. If you sign up to bring a soup, please arrive a couple minutes early with your soup warm. Salad and bread will be provided
2019 Special Easter Offering
This year our Easter Offering supports two of our long-time mission partners; Kenya Children’s Fund and World Relief Seattle. As you make plans to fill Easter baskets for your loved one, please consider making a generous donation to the JK Easter Offering. Doing so provides practical help in two ways 1. gives Kenya Children’s Fund students an EasterCare Basket containing foodstuffs like maize flour, rice, cooking oil, biscuits and tea to sustain families during the month-long school spring break. 2. contributes to World Relief programs such as English classes, summer camps for kids, and garden plots, that demonstrate welcome to refugees, asylees, and immigrants in our community.
Each year the John Knox Easter Offering bears witness to the redeeming love of God in Christ. Thank you for supporting Kenya Children’s Fund and World Relief Seattle. Together we are making an impact for Christ’s church in the world. To donate please use your special Easter Envelope, write “Easter Offering” on the memo line of your check or pew envelope, or donate online at www.jkpcusa.org or on Realm.
Annual Easter Egg Hunt | April 20 – 9:30am
It’s Time to Get Ready to Greet Our Neighbors
We love welcoming all the neighborhood children who join us for this wonderfully fun time, but we need your help in preparing for this event. Can you help us with one or more of the following needs?
· Candy and treat donations- Candy and treats must be individually wrapped and able to fit into 2-inch eggs.
· Small plush stuffed animals and other fun toy items to give away as prizes.
· Volunteer – positions will be posted at the table in the atrium.
· Prayers. We love extending a warm welcome to people to participate in our worshiping community. Pray for those who may come and for those who may volunteer.